Your Texas Chip Seal / Tar & Chip Pavement Expert!
M. Carroll Blacktop Service Specializes in Chip Seal / Tar & Chip Paving throughout Texas
- Commercial & Residential
- Professional Chip Sealing
- Tar & Chip Pavement
- New Hot Mix Asphalt
- Driveways & Roadways
- Parking Lots & Schools
- Ranch Roads & Alleys
- Speed Bumps & Grading
- Seal Coating & Resurfacing
- Patching & Repair
- Recycled Materials
- Licensed & Insured
- ADA Compliant
- References Available
- Family Owned & Operated
- 40+ Years Experience
Texas Tar & Chip Paving for Driveways, Roads & Parking Lots
What Exactly is Tar and Chip Pavement (also known as Chip Seal Paving)?
Tar & Chip paving, also known as "Chip & Seal" or "Chip Sealing," is the most economical method of pavement resurfacing. It is commonly used by municipalities, retail centers and office complexes throughout North America. Tar & Chip is comparable to other resurfacing methods in durability and effectiveness, but costs far less (25-40% of the cost of hot mix asphalt paving). Chip Seals are economical surface treatments designed to protect and prolong the life of the pavement.
Why Choose Chip Sealing / Tar and Chip for Paving Your Texas Driveway?
Asphalt roads are like the paint on your house. The moment the application process ends, the deterioration starts. Much like paint, asphalt is subject to oxidation, sunlight, rain and freeze & thaw cycles. Pavement is also subjected to a wide array of different traffic loads, use of equipment for snow removal and additional stresses from normal ground movement. Chip Seals can be used on new pavements to increase traction, or to prolong the life of pavement that is structurally sound, but is beginning to age and may have some surface distress.
The Benefits of Tar & Chip:
- Very Cost-Effective
- Beautiful Appearance
- Extremely Durable
- Virtually Maintenance-Free
- Superior Traction
- Improves Surface Texture
- Seals Small Cracks and Imperfections
- Gives New Life to Weathered Surfaces
- Perfect for New Roads or Resurfacing
- Excellent Weatherproofing
- Protects Underlying Pavement from
Oxidation, Aging and Traffic Wear
The Tar & Chip Process:
Chip Sealing, or Tar and Chip, involves spraying a hot rubber-based emulsion onto the surface, then immediately spreading a layer of uniformly-sized aggregate chips. The hot rubberized asphalt emulsion retains flexibility and will not bleed through the aggregate overlay. The new surface is rolled to seat the aggregate. After a very short curing time, pavement is swept of excess aggregate and is ready for use. View the video on our Home page for more details.
We Also Specialize in Asphalt Seal Coating
Protect Your Texas Pavement Investment
- Beautify — Restore that original "black-as-night" look from the original asphalt installation.
- Prevent Oxidation — Block the damaging effects of the sun's ultraviolet rays.
- Avoid Spill Damage — Keep gasoline, oil, jet fuel leaks & spills from penetrating the surface.
- Weatherproof — Protect against water damage - the number one pavement-destroying force.
- Reduce Maintenance — Protect pavement against the elements that cause cracks and potholes.
- Preserve Your Investment — Make your property cleaner, safer, longer-lasting and more attractive.